Thursday, March 22, 2012

 Build Your Library Your Way with suggest@logos.com!!

So far, we've discussed all the various benefits that accrue to those who choose to own their personal Digital Library with Logos Digital Resources. We've discussed hyper-linked note taking abilities (leading to personal e-book creations), creating an unlimited inventory of Digital Resource reading plans, as well as the stress relief students gain with 24 hour, 7 day a week access to the same books in any seminary library on their own laptop, and many others.

But what if certain resources you enjoy are not available in Logos? Well I am here to tell you that they have created an answer to that as well! All you have to do is tell Logos about the resources you want them to offer by emailing their team at suggest@logos.com, and they go and get the publishers themselves to include those resources for you to add! Sound too good? Countless people are doing it. Here's my story...

First, when I came to own a Digital Library, I was already reading some of my all-time favorites in hardbound, binder-and-page, book format: St. Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica, and Norman Geisler's 4 Volume Systematic Theology Series. I was so excited to download those resources and put them on a reading plan over the next year (at least that's what I wanted to do) I couldn't sit still. But I went to Logos' website and found they did not even offer these resources. I was shocked and distressed. For a couple of weeks I felt depressed because I could not add the most valuable resources in my life at the time to my Logos Digital Library, but then my professor at Assemblies of God Seminary gave me an answer: contact Logos via email at suggest@logos.com to get them included.

"You can do that?!" voice raised in disbelief, "Will it do any good?" He told me that many people contact Logos  through emailing suggest@logos.com about including new resources and that I should give it a shot. From there, I went to their website and found the contact info for the department that makes these additions and I found something very encouraging. Logos really wants to hear from their people to enhance their own library with resources which their people express and interest in because that's what makes their business grow! They simply contact the publishers, appeal to include those resources in Logos' Digital Library and offer these resources to the Logos crowd! That business aspect is why it made sense to me. So I contacted them at suggest@logos.com gave them the bibliographic info on Summa and Systematic Theology and guess what? They both were on their prepublication specials not more than a few months later and now I have them in my library on reading plans!! The process could not have been easier.

 Ever since then I have been emailing new resource suggestions to suggest@logos.com and I have been watching my own Digital Library Resources multiply according to what I want in my library ever since. It's pretty nice to be able to build a Digital Library with what you want, when you want, and access all of those resources any way you want to customize your education your way. Not to sound too much like Burger King, but that has been my life and the lives of many others for years now. Join the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment